We are hiring for a Mental Health Therapist for an adolescent outpatient day treatment center. Our Center provides clinical services for adolescents and their families including day treatment, intensive outpatient, family counseling, and individual counseling.
• Conduct competent and ethical individual and family therapy sessions. Many of our clients have relatively short-term treatment (e.g., 30 to 90 days) and our therapists must be able to identify clients’ core issues and address them in a time-efficient manner.
• Help run therapeutic groups and assist in ongoing development of these groups to increase their therapeutic effectiveness.
• Maintain excellent standards regarding clinical documentation of all groups, individual and family therapy sessions, treatment plans, discharge summaries, etc.
• Assist in behavior management of the milieu when needed.
• Competently manage crises and safety issues that arise with clients.
• Engage in case management and professional collaboration with clinical team and staff to create the most powerful interventions possible for our clients.
• Excellent time management skills
• Must be able to comply with all federal and local laws related to clinical services provided by the adolescent treatment center.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings designed to improve the program and its services.
• Master’s degree in a counseling-related field of study
• Mental health clinical license (e.g., LCSW, MFT, CMHC)
• Experience in trauma-focused and/or substance abuse treatment is desirable
• Preference will be given to candidates who have worked with adolescents and are skilled in family therapy.